Monday, December 28, 2009

Gravity: A Reality Check



So the day after Christmas, my buddy Tommy and I went skateboarding to get our sweat on a bit and bend our rusty joints. We drove to a few places, including a small elementary school in LA somewhere. We only skated for about 45 minutes. During the 'session', Tommy found a table top (with no legs) and put it down a widened out 3-stair. It was the length of about a 6-stair.
Tommy goes up, and ollies down the table with ease. Now it's my turn... mind you, Tommy is an agile 5'9" trooper. I, on the other hand, am a 6'0" tall, clumsy ex-athlete skater who doesn't want to let go of things that once were. Call me a dreamer. ANYWAY, so I go for the ollie to table top gap... landing in a sort of manual (back two wheels only), then lean forward to catch myself, and wouldn't you know it.. the incline on the table makes me nose dive with my board, making me FLY about 4 feet, until i caught myself with my: shoulder, wrists/palms of my hands, hip and leg. I'm pretty sure i fractured my fibula, and sprained my wrist. I <3 Skateboarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment